Cowboy Caviar with Black and Pinto Beans
Aug 02, 2021
- 2 cans shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- ½ onion, chopped fine
- 3-5 stalks celery, chopped fine
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1 tsp salt (Optional)
- In bowl, mix corn, beans, peppers, onion and celery
- Dissolve sugar with vinegar in microwave
- Add oil and salt to sugar/vinegar mix and pour over mixture and stir
Store in refrigerator for at least 24 hours for full flavor. Eat with scoop tortilla chips. Keeps a long time in the fridge.
Very fresh appetizer to serve with tortilla chips. Easy to prepare shortly before guests arrive.
Deep-dish casserole with beef, cheese and black beans to satisfy your crowd.
Hearty beef and bean casserole is quick to assemble and baked in the oven.