Best Mexican Beef and Black Bean Casserole Ever
Aug 02, 2021
- 2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can kernel corn drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 pkg taco seasonings mix
- 1 pkg Tator Tots or Crowns
- 2 cups nonfat sour cream or yogurt or 1 brick cream cheese and 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cans rotel tomatoes with green chiles drained
- 2 cups Mexican blend or taco cheese shredded
- Sliced jalapeno peppers
- Brown ground beef and onions together for about 10 to 12 minutes, drain.
- Add corn,beans,tomatoes and taco seasonings mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spray baking dish 2 quart 8x12 inches.
- Place half of tortillas in bottom.
- Spoon half of beef mixture on top, place sour cream over beef. Then layer last tortillas and then beef mixture.
- Place in heated 350 degree F. oven and bake for 25 minutes remove from oven and and sprinkle with cheese and add sliced jalapeno peppers on top.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or till cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.
Read More News
Very fresh appetizer to serve with tortilla chips. Easy to prepare shortly before guests arrive.
Hearty beef and bean casserole is quick to assemble and baked in the oven.
Easy crock pot recipe with creamy chicken and black beans.